Redirection

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Healthy Fruit Cake






And very tasty, too!
It's my version of a recipe from LandIdee, a Dutch magazine.

You'll need:

about 300g of dried mixed fruit (mine included plums, apricots and apples)
hot tea of your choice (I used red bush variety)
ab. 20g butter + 4tbsp olive oil
3/4 c cane sugar
1 egg
ab. 2c or a bit more flour (I used barley and wholemeal in addition to plain white flour)
2 full tsp of baking powder
1 tbsp fruit syrup of your choice

Pour hot tea over dried fruit and let it stand for a couple of hours, take the fruit out with a slotted spoon but save the liquid to use later. In a mixing bowl, combine butter, olive oil and sugar, mix well. Add the egg and flour + baking powder, then the fruit + enough liquid to make soft dough, stir until combined. Transfer the dough to a greased and lined cake pan, use a spoon to make the surface level. The chance is big it still will be a bit crumbly, so pour syrup all over it.

Bake at 165*C for ab. 1 hour or less (Mine was ready in 50 min + extra 5 min needed to heat the oven). Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I have to try this one. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! I have been wondering if anyone is trying these recipes I post:) This one is like really goo, I hardly could keep myself from it...

    ReplyDelete